Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Students in after school program are chaotic? ?

I work in an after school program and students have no respect towards leaders, everything is so chaotic. You can’t even get through the lesson planned because students o what ever they want regardless if they get written up, or we talk to their parents or they are put in time out. I don’t know what else to do. I’m constantly putting them in time out. Losing my voice because they’re so loud. Attention getters don’t work, they laugh at you when you tell them no, they speak back to you, its horrible! I’ve tried tickets and prices to see if they listened more but the program doesn’t have good prices. Any ideas of what else it can be done? We have over 300 kids. It’s crazy! 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Faithe
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

It's an AFTER-school program.  Students have been sitting and listening all day.  There should be no lesson.  They should be talking or getting their energy out.  If the PURPOSE of the after-school program is for learning, then first the students should be allowed time to talk and get energy out, and then the lesson has to be interesting enough to make them WANT to be quiet and listen.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Are you warning them? Are you explaining what the consequences will be? Are you disciplining them appropriately every time they do something wrong?

If you've answered no to any of those, then that's your issue. The supernanny may actually be a useful way to learn about controlling children who won't listen

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.