promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it not strange that i applied to over 20 jobs and not one got back to me?

Update:

its been a week since i applied

54 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This occasionally happens with companies as once they hire the selected applicant they have no desire to notify the other candidates that they are not being selected. However, 20 is, perhaps, out of the norm. I would take a good look at yourself and ask yourself a question, "Would I hire me?" Perhaps you'll find your answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Not at all unusual. I've been applying for jobs since my teens (about 15 years) and a lot of the time, I never got a callback.

A lot of employers are just rude and their heads are so big, they think they rule the workplace.

However, I went to a job interview a few days and got a callback later that afternoon, telling me I didn't get it. There are exceptions - some employers will notify their applicants.

• 3 months ago

That depends a lot on your field and the region where you are looking for work. Twenty-five years ago in Central Pennsylvania (think farm country - dairy cows, corn, hay and soy beans) as a certified teacher of high school English and Spanish, I was one of 200 to 300 applicants for most positions because strong teacher unions meant the only way a position would open up would be for someone to retire or die. I was lucky to get nine interviews the year I graduated. In the Carolinas (also farm country - cotton and tobacco), where teacher unions aren't permitted to strike and teacher salaries were 33% lower, I, schools I hadn't even applied to were calling me and I could have had my pick of jobs. If you're in a field where there's a glut of applicants, don't worry too much if you don't hear back. Chances are they just got enough qualified peoiple to fill their interview slots and don't have time to notify the 180 other people who they didn't pick. If, on the other hand, you're looking for work in a field with a small pool of qualified people, then maybe you should consider asking your local employment office or your school (if you're still in or just out of school) for some advice on presenting yourself well on paper and narrowing your search to the positions for which you're best qualified.

Source(s): 48 years of life
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

What are you wear if you are filling out applications in person?  MINIMUM should be dress no shorter than 2 inches above your knees, nice slacks and blouse and nice shoes and no Nikes nor stilettos.  Hair well groomed and no funky colors.  Smell nice but not overbearing.  You can never change the first impression nor do you know that filling out that app in person may turn into an interview.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

You don't have to give up, just have faith and even apply for more jobs. Life is always tough but with the right attitude, faith and hope things change.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

are you qualified for the jobs you're applying for?  That's fairly important...  If you're applying in person, are you dressing properly and arriving sober?

• ...Show all comments
    • Big Mouth
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

That's why a lot of people with collage degrees in rocket science still work in fast food and retail.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I'm a Gender Studies graduate. The same thing happened to me!

• ...Show all comments
    • Lili
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

No, you're not, Anon. I doubt you've ever been near a college in your life.  I'm a professor, and funnily enough, I've never met anyone who actually majored in "Gender Studies".  People might take a course or two, but some of the colleges with which I've been associated don't even offer the subject

• 3 months ago

NO because you actually now days need to be qualified for the job and not like HUNTER BIDEN and get one you know nothing abut because of WHO YOUR Daddy is.

GO BETTER YOUR EDUCATION and work experience then apply again..

• ...Show all comments
    • goeers20013 months agoReport

Sarge there is no proof of what you just stated. The job market is slowing down. I know alot of kids coming out of collage and can not find a job. They have to do what alot of us have to do is to work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. Your leader is just a bag of hot air.

• 3 months ago

not enough info about you or your work experience to even hazard a guess

• 3 months ago

No, you haven't met a right job in right timing yet. Don't give up, try to keep applying. One day, god help you. 

• ...Show all comments
    • So, make sure you're not asking for the top salary. Find out the bottom pay, ask for that, then if your smart enough, you'll work your way up before you know it. You can't ask for "top pay`"coming on, which is what I see a lot of young, newly out of college young adults doing.

• 3 months ago

Clearly you need to work on your applications skills if you are not even getting interviews. There is plenty of advice out there- perhaps even on Youtube. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.