promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can I get rid of mice in my home and keep them out?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • SW-6
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I have used really strong peppermint oil in the areas where I've seen "droppings" it worked very well.  The mice cant take the smell of peppermint and go away.  Leaves house smelling good too :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Martin
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You need to get an extermination spray and start spraying everywhere. 

• 3 months ago

Mice smell food and they follow the strong odor. After you've finished cooking wash the pots, pans and the dishes immediately. Put away any and all foods left out. Take all the garbage out of your house and if possible put it into a public garbage container. Spray the entire house with disinfectant to eliminate all the food odor.

• 3 months ago

Don`t leave waste of food remained. Let ultrasonic generator be in your home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cayenne pepper. Not only will it keep the mice away, but also ants and other vermin.

Guess they can't handle spicy SHlT.

• Kira
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I got rid of mice by buying one of those plug in repellents. The sound mice hate goes through the electrical system  but we can't hear it.  

• 3 months ago

Buying a Lead Shotgun

• 7 months ago

Borrow a cat.

• 7 months ago

Best is to contact an exterminator, bc they’ll find the source of entry, and their work is guaranteed, as they’ll not charge additionally if there’s evidence they’ve returned. Mice and other similar pests are frequent in homes near a water source and need entry. You’d be astonished at how a tiny crack someplace allows them in, as they can contort themselves to enter.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Lots of poison. Safely away from kids and pets of course. I t would be nice if you didn't have to kill them, but if you could trap them somehow, when you put them outside, they'd just come back in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.