Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

THREE MILLION people have lost health insurance since trump took office - who knew health insurance could be so complicated! Who knew?!?

Update:

The ACA was gutted by trump when he took away the individual mandate. This crippled the program. That combined with GOP governors refusing to accept ACA money has completely undermined any efforts made/laws passed by previous administrations and/or Congress.

39 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Well, what did you expect? Everything Donnie touches turns to $[ĥ]1(+).

• 5 months ago

LIAR....we didn't "lose" it. We didn't want it so now we are F R E E to do as we please and not get it if we don't believe we need it ! My deductible under that idiotic nightmare obummerscare was HIGHER THAN MY MONTHLY INCOME ! It was worse than useless !

• 5 months ago

Very few "lost" it. Lots dropped I when no longer forced to sign up.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Obamacare is still in effect so this can’t be on Trump if there was no replacement in force.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Trump Knew... He also knows people should take responsibility for their own actions.. Just because he stopped the so called mandate does not mean they should run out and cancel their insurance.. He didnt cancel it they did or they stopped paying for something which they didnt use..

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Fact Check:

In 2016 (under Obama) the uninsured rate was 12.4%.

At the end of 2018 the uninsured rate rose to 13%.

According to the CDC there was an increase of 1.3 million uninsured.

Most people consider that a result of removal of the individual mandate.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statement...

• tiescore
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Yes but the insurance went from great to awful for many working Americans. I have been priced out of seeing a doctor but I'm "insured" in the event of a major medical, but as we are finding out with my uncle, its short term... he needs to lose everything including his home now to get on SS disablity

• Sam
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

We wont get a real healthcare plan unless a democrat gets elected and preferably Bernie.

• 5 months ago

Geez it sure is a bummer that you and President Obama could not successfully force all of those people to pay their IRS fines or else get health insurance against their will, isn't it. What is this country coming to anyway? Government force is the way of the future, isn't it.

• david
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Trump and the Republicans have a real simple plan for healthcare. The government will provide NONE. If you get a policy thru your emoloyer that's ok, otherwise you are screwed. === See how simple it is.

• Rico5 months agoReport

It was fine before Obamacare. 80% insurance 20% patient with no deductible.

• 5 months ago

Literally everyone knew

• ron h
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Donnie didn't know. His lies were so sincere. I mean he made me believe that he really WOULD sign a new health insurance law on his first day in office. Of course he didn't EXPECT to have to lie about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. That distracted him from doing his job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.