Dont kittens automaticly know to go potty in the litter box?

I just bought a kitten and she has been really afraid, hiding, not eating or drinking or going potty for two days. She has finally came out to eat and drink today and is still very scared and comes out sometimes to see me and I have been showing her the litter box to go potty but she always wants out. A little bit... show more I just bought a kitten and she has been really afraid, hiding, not eating or drinking or going potty for two days. She has finally came out to eat and drink today and is still very scared and comes out sometimes to see me and I have been showing her the litter box to go potty but she always wants out. A little bit ago I started to smell poop and I found it under my bed so is that normal for her too do because I was told as long as they know where there litter box is they will go potty in it. I have never had a cat before so will she poop other places for awhile until she knows to go to the litter box and need to be trained kinda like a dog would or should she already know. Any advice for me on kittens will help because I know alot about dogs but I still have alot to learn about cats. What should I do too keep her from pooping and peeing on my floor. She is 7 weeks old today. Thanks
7 answers 7